PROFILE: RINA SAMANTHA
Meet Rina Doria: the girl behind the Vancouver-based fashion blog, And She Dressed. Having first started her blog as a creative outlet to honour one of the things that she loved most, fashion, it has now become “a platform that aims to help readers build their own self-confidence through healthy self-expression in what they do, eat, and wear”.
We had the opportunity to collaborate with Rina this season. Rina styled some of our favourite, new spring pieces into four amazing, spring transitional outfits.
We had such a great time working with Rina, we just had to connect with her for a fun Q&A.
Mood dependent. My outfits are usually a reflection of what I’m feeling that day. Sometimes I want to dress completely minimalistic with a long maxi blazer, white tee, and mules, and sometimes I want to step right outside the box and go for unexpected layers, patterns, and colours. That’s what I love about fashion; there are no limits!
2. Where do you find your style inspiration?
Instagram, blogs, fashion magazines, and a few favourite fashionable celebrities. Kendall Jenner was my style muse when dressing for Vancouver Fashion Week this year – I want her entire closet!
3. What are your three favourite trends for spring?
• Statement sleeves and ruffles, the more drama the better!
• Stripes of all shapes and sizes on pants, tops, and dresses.
• Mules, the ultimate comfort shoe with a heel! And sitting at 5’2” I need all the help I can get in the height department.
4. How do you spend your time outside of blogging?
Family time with my hubby and fur baby is #1. Going for long walks and talking about our goals is one of our favourite things to do.
5. What are three must-see places in Vancouver?
• The view of the city from the Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver is so stunning! You can take the SeaBus there which is a unique way to sight-see.
• Robson Street is one of the best places for outdoor shopping in downtown Vancouver.
• I love walking around Granville Island and visiting the shops and market there. There’s a beautiful view of the Granville Street Bridge and so many good restaurants to eat at. My favourite time there is just before the sun sets, when the sky is a pretty shade of pink.
6. What are your favourite flowers?
I was a big peonies fan (big surprise) for the longest time, but I’m really loving the look of ranunculus lately. Especially any and all shades of pink!
“Every day may not be good but there’s something good in every day.” -Alice Morse Earle
There’s always going to be good days and bad, but you get to ultimately decide how you respond to the bad. If you start each day off thinking about what you’re grateful for, there will always be some good in your day.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Paris will always be my number 1. There is something about it that is so romantic and magical.
Are you headed to a musical festival this year? We shared our packing must-haves for a long weekend here.
Want the latest in LE CHÂTEAU fashion? Sign up to the LE CHÂTEAU email list for 15% off your first order.